Saturday, August 25, 2012

So some stuff has happened...

Since my last post, a BIG HUGE LIFE CHANGING EVENT occurred. On August 16th, my boyfriend returned home after living in Dallas all summer for work. Well, on that same day, he asked me to marry him!

After I got home from work, he asked if I wanted to go eat at a nice Italian restaurant in town. He was wearing a blazer, so I had a feeling something was up, but when he just started driving home after dinner I just assumed he wanted to look nice for a date after not seeing me for 3 months. On the way home, he started driving towards the north of town turned into the parking lot of a local archaeological center. When he said he wanted to go sit at one of the picnic tables in the field, I definitely knew something was up. We sat there for about 15 minutes watching the sun set before he finally got down on one knee. It felt so special and romantic because we were the only ones around, and it was so quiet outside except for the sound of the breeze and the birds. Of course, I said yes. It was probably one of the most emotional moments of my life. I started sobbing, which in turn made him start crying, and it was just really a really sweet and special moment between the two of us.

The bench where we were sitting. 


And here's the ring! He did such a good job of picking it out. It helps that he knew exactly what I wanted. ;) I wanted a solitaire because I knew it would never go out of style. In 5 years or 50 years, a diamond solitaire will still be the "classic" engagement ring. 

So... now I need to start planning my wedding! Since we both love October and old things, we want to have a "Victorian Halloween" wedding. Not sure if that makes any sense, but essentially we want to have a vintage, Halloween themed wedding with elegant touches. Mainly, we picked that theme because we want it to be FUN! Neither one of us is into the "hearts and doves" mushy romantic weddings, and since we don't plan on having a big wedding we wanted to keep the theme interesting and informal. It will be a majorly DIY affair, since I can't justify spending tons of money on one day. Expect lots of posts about wedding planning over the next year! Pinterest is my best friend right now. 

Anyway, even though this happened over a week ago, I'm super excited! We are going to look at our first venues in Dallas in a week. Even though I'd rather put off the planning for a while, you unfortunately need to book venues early if you want to get the date you like. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...